Freshen up a Bathroom with Beautiful Natural Stone Tiles
Updating the look of a shower by adding tile or swapping the tile out is one of the best ways to remodel and change the entire look of the bathroom. Shower tiles add to a bathroom's décor and also serve the function of protecting the drywall underneath from moisture. There are endless options for how tiles are used and choosing tiles depends on factors such as:
- The colour scheme in the bathroom
- Material of the tile
- The look that is trying to be achieved
- Maintenance for the future
Remodeling a bathroom shower means making a lot of choices about materials and design. Tile is especially suited to bathroom showers because of its versatility, durability and appearance.
How to Choose Shower Tile
There are many factors to consider when picking out the perfect bathroom shower tiles, some things to keep in mind are:
- Water-resistant – glazed tiles are ideal for showers because they will not absorb moisture.
- Number of tiles needed – before buying the tiles, determine how many will be needed for the project. For example, if the project includes a mosaic wall, more tiles will be required.
- Cost – contingent on budget for the project, tiles can be used as accents, or can be used to cover the entire wall completely.
- Size of shower – if the shower is small, there may not be enough room to create a repeating design with large tiles, but a design made of smaller tiles might be just right.
- Design – choose between plain and patterned tiles depending on the desired look.
Remodel with Beautiful Stone
are often a popular choice for the bathroom shower, but natural stone tiles give an elegant look that's difficult to achieve with other materials. Some great stones to use in the bathroom shower are:
- Marble – more than just a tile for a kitchen backsplash, marble is softer and more absorbent than granite and looks great in the shower.
- Granite – available in a broad spectrum of colours, granite is hard to scratch and even harder to stain.
- Limestone – comes in an array of textures
When properly sealed, the beauty of natural stone in the shower is unsurpassed.
Shower Tile Style
When choosing a shower tile, consider the following:
- Light tile can open up a small bathroom and make the shower look brighter and cleaner.
- Combining light and dark tiles in a mosaic pattern can create a sleek, modern look.
- Textured and curved tiles can create daring and unusual looks.
- Use smaller tiles on curves.
- Larger slabs make cleaning the shower much easier than small mosaic type tiles.
- Choose Timeless colours like earth tones and neutrals that will allow the bathroom to be redecorated without having to change the tiles.
Achieve a Look of Luxury
There are many ways to incorporate natural stone types and styles for bathroom shower tile ideas. Stone can be cut into any size and shape to accommodate any project. Natural stone is a luxurious addition to a bathroom remodel that will turn an ordinary shower into a mini-spa.